Meeting of Minds
Event Atlantic Action Committees:
During the Strategic Planning process in 2021, it was determined that the forming of committees from Event Atlantic’s membership was needed to move the organization forward. Five (5) committees will be formed in 2022.
The Awards Committee is responsible for selecting the recipients of the Event Atlantic Excellence Awards through a nominations process. The Awards Committee is also responsible for reviewing the past year’s ceremony and process, and provide suggestions for any changes to the program that they feel will enhance the awards for the membership. Committee members are committed for three(3) year term.
The Awards Committee includes one (1) member from every Atlantic province.
*Currently seeking a member from New Brunswick and Nova Scotia for a 2-year term.
The Summit Committee is responsible for selecting the location for the year’s upcoming Summit through a proposal submission process. This committee works alongside the Education Committee to ensure topics that are relevant to the industry are included in the Summit schedule along with any Provincial specific “Breakout Sessions” and webinars.
Key objectives of the Summit Committee include:
- Create and outstanding event
- Target diverse industry representation, suppliers, government; other tourism and economic agencies that are valuable; provincial and national sport organizations
- Evaluate participation by type of participant and geographic
- Actively engage industry suppliers
The Summit Committee includes a member from every Atlantic province as well as a representative(s) from the Host city.
*Committee is currently full, but interest is always welcome.
The Education Committee is responsible for elevating Event Atlantic to become the go-to resource for industry-relevant development and resources. The Committee will guide Event Atlantic in providing relevant and engaging learning and development opportunities through several initiatives, such as but not limited to:
- Determining content topics for the Atlantic Huddle webinar series
- Building a strong network of industry-relevant contacts
- Develop and provide access to valuable information, supports and resources for events at all stages of development and growth
- Facilitate member access to valuable professional developments supports and resources
- Evaluate needs and gaps to enhance access and delivery of best practices
- Define annual priorities for “regions” within the region
- Establish an industry-specific best practices mission program for members to experience and learn from the operations of other events (regional, national, international)
- Develop mentoring opportunities
- The Committee will work alongside the Summit Committee to ensure valuable content is included during the annual event.
The Education Committee includes two (2) members from every Atlantic province.
*Currently seeking one(1) member for PEI and two(2) from the other three Atlantic provinces.
- Define ‘Value’ to members and potential future members
- Develop annual communications and engagement plan
The Bid/Hosting committee goal is to elevate the quality of bid responses and hosting performances of members through key priorities:
- A checklist of guidelines for quality bids and hosting
- Provide continuous improvement to the checklist
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices for bid responses and hosting
The Bid/Hosting Committee includes one (1) member from every Atlantic province.
*Currently seeking a member from each Atlantic province.