HALIFAX, NS – October 8, 2021
During the first inaugural Event Atlantic Excellence Awards, Seven (7) awards were presented to events held in Atlantic Canada in 2019-2020 and individuals and organizations who have made a significant impact to the Event industry.
- Event with a budget less than $100,000: HRM Holiday Projection Show
- Event with a budget between $100,000 – $500,000: The Miramichi Striper Cup
- Event with a budget over $500,000: The Island Games – Canadian Premier League
- Volunteer of the Year: Heather Boyd
- Champion of the Year – Wayne Long (Events Development Officer – City of Charlottetown)
- Corporate Partner of the Year – Atlantic Lottery
- Chair’s Award – The late Ian Fowler (Moncton, New Brunswick)
The Excellence Awards were created as a priority of Event Atlantic’s recently adopted Strategic Plan with a mission to inspire and support the growth, development, and sustainability of event tourism in Atlantic Canada.
The recipients presented their awards during a luncheon hosted by local comedy ventriloquist Michael Harrison, during Event Atlantic’s annual Summit.
Photo: As a priority of the Event Atlantic Society, a local artist, Lori Nason of Fused Glass Diva, was commissioned to create the unique award pieces.